SALE TERMS & CONDITIONS
League of Legends, its associates and the auctioneers’ function is to bring the buyer and seller together. All responsibilities and guarantees lie between the buyer and seller. All attendees, bidders, and buyers are bound by the terms listed below.
1. There is no implied warranty made by auctioneer or sale company as to the merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of any animal in the sale.
2. The highest bidder is to be the buyer, If any dispute arises between or among two or more bidders, sole authority to settle the dispute as he sees fit is reserved by the auctioneer and the decisions shall be final. Seller reserves the right to waive the sale of his horse before it leaves the ring The auctioneer reserves the right to reject any or all bids.
3. The Sales Management is not responsible for the integrity of any specific bid and the seller understands and assumes all responsibility for any bid that is made and not thereafter honored In the event any bid is not honored, the seller agrees not to hold the Sales Management responsible and agrees not to sue the Sales Management therefore.
4. All horses are offered for sale according to the laws of the State of Montana and the right to bid is reserved for all sellers at the sale unless otherwise announced.
5. Effort has been made to insure correctness of this catalog and, in most cases, information quoted concerning the horses is taken from the official AQHA records. However, employees and auctioneers will not assume responsibility for errors or omissions, but appreciate having them called to their attention. Announcements in the ring take precedence over printed information, pay close attention to the announcements. The buyer is responsible for checking for correct ness of registration papers on each horse.
6. The seller is the responsible party for all representations or warranties, expressed or implied concerning the condition of any horse and buyers should satisfy themselves concerning the condition before purchasing. Except as otherwise announced by the auctioneer at the time of sale, the consignor of each animal represents and warrants to the buyer and League of Legends Sale to include but not limited to the following: 1 Title of the animal, free from all adverse claims to ownership, use or possession. 2 The animal is sound of limb, eyes and wind. The animal is not a cribber or wind sucker. 4 The sex or condition as a gelding or ridgling is as described in the sale catalog or announced at the time of sale.
7. The Buyer is the responsible party to examine horses carefully before they bid. All horses consigned have went through and passed a veterinary inspection for soundness prior to the sale. If you have any concerns about conformation faults, defects, attitude, stall manners, riding ability, etc; examine the horse prior to bidding. Once you bid on a horse, you are indicating you have shopped enough to satisfy yourself and no one else is responsible. All horses are sold sound and with vet certificate within 30 Days, that at the time of inspection the horse was sound of the limb, wind, and eye, unless other announcement is stated from the auction block. Unless otherwise stated, ALL horses will be sold sound until the Tuesday Noon directly following the sale. Shall any soundness disputes arise, Chad Turner or his authorized agent will be sole and only judge. In the event it is determined that the defect was present at the time of the sale and it was not announced, the sale of said horse shall be null and void and the consignor must pay entry fee, commission, and no sale. If the horse is determined by the Sales Management, not to have the alleged defect, the sale of said horse is valid and enforceable and purchaser assumes all costs of examination, treatment, and sale purchase price. In settling disputes, the decision by Chad Turner is final. Soundness does not guarantee a pass of a check by your vet following the sale. We recommend you to go visit and ride the horse in any fashion you deem necessary to give you the confidence to bid prior to the sale. Take advantage of the previews and pre-inspect horses prior to purchasing as title passes as horse leaves the ring. Right of recourse must be directly to the owner of the horse.
8. All horses have been Coggins tested and found negative within one year.
9. Sale of a horse is completed by the auctioneer at the fall of the gavel.
10. Title to and risk of loss passes to the buyer when the animal is knocked off as sold by the auctioneer. Immediately after the horse is sold, it will be the sole risk and responsibility of the buyer effective from the time of purchase, the buyer assumes responsibility for the maintenance and care of the animal. The buyer and sale attendees further agree to hold the consignor and League of Legends Sale harmless from all loss, cost and expense arising from illness, injury or death of such animal, or loss or damage to property, and injury or death of persons, caused by themselves, their agents or employees, or by the animal, subsequent to the time of purchase. No horse will leave until final settlement has been made, including but not limited to boarding fees after the sale @ $30.00/night.
11. Buyers and spectators are cautioned to be careful while on the grounds, particularly while horses are being shown or sold in the sale ring All persons attending the sale do so at their own risk According to the laws of the State of Montana, neither the owners nor any other person connected with this sale assume any liability, legal or otherwise, for accidents to persons or property, before, during, or after the sale.
12. Buyers must make arrangements for care of stock until it can be removed. Do not remove hip numbers from horses once they are applied. Buyer releases will be checked against hip numbers and no horse will be released without a legible hip number.
13. Driver’s license will be required to obtain a buyer’s number. Payment in full must be made to the cashier immediately after the sale. Buyers are responsible for Brand inspection, boarding, and any health certificates at fall of gavel. All payments shall be U S Currency Method of payment shall be Cash, Cashier’s Check, Traveler’s Checks, or approved bank check which has been verified and approved in advance by cashier and/or officers of League of Legends Sale. All payments must be made to TURNER PERFORMANCE HORSES. Any payment made by the buyer to the consignor or any other party will not be regarded as valid or entitle the buyer to delivery of the animal . A 3% buyers premium will be charged to those who purchase by phone and online bidding. Returned Checks will be charged $1500.00 no exceptions. The size of a NSF horse payment check classifies as a felony and it will be turned over to the District Attorney for immediate prosecution.
14. All registration papers will be withheld until funds clear the bank 14 days from the date of the sale the registration papers, along with transfer certificates. It is the buyers responsibility to check for errors with AQHA Papers prior to horse leaving sale grounds.
15. Checks for payment will be mailed to the sellers within 14 days from date of sale.